June 07, 2009

Found on First Friday

During the First Friday Art Walk this weekend, I wandered into Gallery Nine and found the cute meets seriously deranged meets geek-gasm art of Meghan Stratman. My personal favorite was the Submarine Weasel, of which I sadly do not have a photograph. But trust me, whatever you are picturing when I say Submarine Weasel, it's so much cooler than that. Check her out at her website, Bunnypirates.com, and if you're in the Lincoln area, head to Gallery Nine sometime soon for her show "Intergalactic Mice and Other Curiosities."Also, as found via Meghan's links, check out the fantastic, antiquated whimsy of Amy Sol.

Photo above courtesy of Meghan's blog. Yes, that is the Tardis from Doctor Who, Batman, and a tiny, little Obi Wan Kenobi. In the end, I'm very glad I didn't let the fact that I didn't have anyone to go with prevent me from going on the art walk. I've been a bit bummed and lonely lately given that the very small number of folks I generally socialize with have all skipped out of town, either for summer or with their permanent get-out-of-jail-free card (aka diploma). At the last minute I threw off my jammies, showered, dressed, and trotted my ass downtown. And I'm glad, else I would have missed an artist who just makes me smile. Yay, courage!

I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

No comments: